Google earth research panel help:
Research data is displayed geographicaly using Google-earth (GE) plugin. The data might take some time to upload and display depending on connection speed. One can browes the research data, locate a place or add GE data using a kml/kmz file.
Google earth window:
some help on usage is desplayed below.
- Move around the globe by left click and drag.
- Tilt by center click and drag up/down.
- Pan by center click and drag left/right.
- zoom in/out by mouse roll up/down.
- Or use navigation panel on right.
- Click on items to read more about them.
The control panel is used to add/remove layers and toggle options.
- Click on checkbox to show/hide research area elements.
- Click on root label (in blue) to redirect to homepage and Read about the research area.
- Click on root icon (marked by ) to flyto research area on GE.
- Click on any of the other tree elements to flto area and read some data on it if available.
- Insert a file location in the "Add KML/KMZ" search box to upload additional data.
Google Earth Layers:
- Insert a location to flyto (similar to search location in Google maps).
- Click on checkbox to add/remove data layers.
- Borders and names - Borders, countries and places name labels.
- Roads - Roads layer.
- Buildings - 3D buldings data.
- Terrain - Topography dimention.
- Show status bar - displays data on altitude, coordinates, data download progress.
- Show grid - longitude/latitude grid.
- Show overview map - small overview map on the bottom right corner.
- Show scale legend - scale legend on/off.
- Show atmosphere - atmosphere on/off.
- Enable mouse navigation - on: navigate using mouse ; off: navigate using nav panel on right only.
- Units in Feet/Miles - on: units in Feet/Miles ; off: units in meters/km.